> Nollywood Actress, Mide Funmi Martins Opens Up On Why She Bleached Her Skin | Hot Naija Gist

Sunday 15 March 2015

Nollywood Actress, Mide Funmi Martins Opens Up On Why She Bleached Her Skin

Yoruba Nollywood actress Mide Funmi Martins  in a recent interview with Ynaija opened up on why she bleached her skin..When asked her reason of bleaching her skin...
She said; It is not a crime to me, it is not a crime to change your skin color. One thing I believe is that when you are fairer it brings out more beauty in you, so there is nothing wrong in lightning your skin a lil’ bit, just don’t overdo it.
There is no offence in it after all it is not a legal offence….yes, there is this belief that Black is beautiful but it doesn’t fit some people. It is the truth, black doesn’t fit everybody but when you are fairer you become more beautiful and that is why I am prettier now.
And in this our industry, that’s what sells the most. It is not as if you have to fair skinned to be in Nollywood but that is how I view it for myself. It is a personal decision so I lightened up a bit to become more beautiful and attractive and fit into major roles…and I don’t think I have overdone it, it’s just normal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.