> ‘GOD GAVE ME A VISION TO BE THE NEXT LAGOS GOV’ - Michael Adegbola Dominic | Hot Naija Gist

Friday 21 November 2014

‘GOD GAVE ME A VISION TO BE THE NEXT LAGOS GOV’ - Michael Adegbola Dominic

One of the gubernatorial aspirants on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Dr. Michael Adegbola Dominic, in his interview the Vanguard speaks on his dreams for Lagos.
Dominic who contested for the Governorship position in 2011 and lost said he only lost then because the party, APGA he contested under wasn’t a popular party.
Defecting APGA
He joined PDP shortly after the 2011 elections, as he said he made personal sacrifices towards the advancement of the party.
Speaking further he said God has given him a vision to release Lagosians from the platform of APC.
“I received a prophetic vision from God to liberate Lagosians from the yoke of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) come 2015. Within two months, I have toured the entire 20 local governments and 37 Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs). To further demonstrate my seriousness, I was the first amongst over 13 aspirants in Lagos PDP to pay the N11 million governorship form,” Dominic said.
On what he has done for PDP
He also spoke about how he financed some PDP court cases against Tinubu personally. Dr. Dominic just wants APC out of Lagos and he is not hiding his feelings.
Dominic also narrated: “As a young man, I cut my political teeth during the days of the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN). I have been in politics for a while and with my experience, I believe I have what it takes to be the governor of Lagos State in 2015.”
About the defeat in 2011 elections
As Dominic lost in 2011, he reveals what was wrong:
I could have won the 2011 election in Lagos State if I had contested under a popular party like the PDP. But, I run under APGA platform and the reason why I chose APGA in the first place was because we wanted a platform that had good structure and resources. At that time I was not a member of APGA. I was the national chairman of Action Party of Nigeria (APN). We felt that the Igbo will embrace APGA as an Igbo party. 
Threatens from the other aspirants
Speaking about the large number of aspirants the PDP have today he said, the only thing he knew was that for a long time, he declared his intention to be governor a very long time ago. He has been consistent in his quest to get the ACN or APC out of the way.
“These other fellows who are aspiring under the PDP didn’t believe it was possible,” Dominic added.
Less than three months before the 2015 general elections, the ruling APC and its main rival, the PDP are already in a fierce battle on how to win Lagos State.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.